July 2, 2013

What we've been up to

As of this past Monday, I started watching a little boy Monday through Friday.  We're in an adjustment period at the moment while I try to get everyone on the same schedule but so far, so good.  Madelyn will have a playmate and they've been doing pretty good playing together.  There are a few fights here and there over toys and sippee cups, but all in all they get along pretty well!  Maddie is pretty aggressive and goes for a hug and a kiss right away ha!


Madelyn goes through my jewelry every chance that she gets...  She pulled out my pearl necklace and for fun I put it on her.  She wore it for at least an hour and didn't try to pull it off.  It was so cute!


Ryan got a new grill for his birthday so we broke it in on Saturday night before the fireworks.  My brother, sister in law and niece came over and we had some burgers and brats before we walked down to Central Park for the fireworks.  It was so nice out and we could hear the live music from the park while sitting in our backyard. 



This is our best shot at a group picture...  It's kind of hard to do with two little ones, but at least we got everyone in the pic!


This picture is sooooo cute, Madelyn put her hand around my niece's shoulder and they sat there together for a split second.  We had fun playing on the blanket waiting for the fireworks to start.  R fell asleep during the fireworks!  And Madelyn wasn't so keen on them...  I think the main part was that it was late and she was tired, but when the fireworks made  boom each time she would duck into us.  She didn't cry, but she didn't love them.  Ryan ended up walking home with her.




On another note, we have a water baby on our hands!! :-)  This girl loves the water!  She loved the beach and the pool!  


She's also walking so much better and EVERYWHERE now!  I'd saw she crawls maybe 2% of the time but that's it!  It's just nuts to me how quickly the time goes.


I've been meaning to post the update of our trip to the shore but haven't gotten around to it just yet.  I'm hoping to do that tomorrow! 


1 comment:

Carol said...

Grayslake had the fireworks before the fourth..how odd or was it the summer vest..we r never here for this stuff as usually up north on many weekends...sounded like family fun day tho !!! Nice pics !!