September 11, 2009

To keep me humbled...

A few weeks ago I had the worst tooth pain that I think I've ever experienced.

Turns out I had a root canal that got abscessed and infected.

So...I had to have my {molar} tooth pulled. It didn't hurt one bit, have I ever told you all how much I LOVE Novocaine?!

The day before I got my tooth pulled the dentist (whom I actually like) made me 'comfortable' for the night so I could make it through. He basically gave me some pain killers and a shot of Novocaine.

Immediately after the shot of Novocaine, my one side of my face swelled up - it literally looked like I had a golf ball in my cheek.

Evidence...




And the oral surgeon said they nicked a blood vessel, so along with the golf ball cheek I also had a lovely bruise that slowly, day by day went through the stages of bruising.



It was load of fun :-) My cheek is still slightly numb, but I read that it could take up to 6 months I think, so I'm not worried.

Thought I'd share that with you all!!! :-)

2 comments:

Agata Chokabitchski said...

Dang Bella! I haven't been on here in a while. Looks like you took up roller derby while I was away. I get to have a root canal next Friday :(
-Sharon

Krista said...

Oh, that sucks!