September 14, 2009

Bedroom makeover

I'm slowly but surely making my way around the house, room to room and trying to make it feel homey and 'filled'.

First up - our bedroom.

My brother and sil left their poster bed, so I gave it a couple fresh coats of paint and rigged it together with our bed and frame.




I also added a plate (found at Dollar Tree) and two mirrors from the apartment that used to be black but I painted them white! I ordered a vinyl decal monogram that I'm going to stick in the middle of that plate. So cute - I'm a little monogram obsessed lately...



I just LOVE the look of it. It looks so comfy and dreamy to me! And simple.



I bought these vinyl decals at Dollar Tree! I couldn't believe it! Some were cheesy and for kids but I found a few that were useful for me. I bought a wooden board from Hobby Lobby and painted it white. Then cut and stuck the vinyl decal to the dried board. I used upholstery tacks to attach the ribbon and hang it. You can't tell but the walls are robin egg blue-ish.


I found these gold frames at Walgreen's today for $3! I made a little mr. and mrs. sign with scrap paper and mod podge and printed out pictures of us.




Then spray painted a small black picture frame white and inserted a vellum quote over a piece of scrap paper and voila!

Oh I used some painters tape to add some ribbon to the back of the frame and feux hung the ribbon with an upholster tack. I love that wall.




This is the only yuck part of the room right now. Remember that armoire? Well it's primed, waiting to be painted and then will replace that small little shelf thing. I can't wait to get that in there!

No comments: