June 23, 2009

A horse is a horse

**warning...lots and lots of pictures ahead**

We went to Arlington Park a few weekends ago while my father-in-law was in town. It was a VERY nice day and such a great time. We went with both sides of our families. It was more fun than you'd naturally think :-)



Sundays are family days - so they had a petting zoo where you could feed the animals.


Ava got to feed the goats, pony, donkey, lama (and there were ducks, pigs and I think that's all!).


I wanted to take home that little goat in the middle. It was too petite and cute looking. I'm sure it wouldn't be all good lovely as a house pet though...



We even watched some races (imagine that!).

And bet on a few... Most we won was maybe $4...




Colin and Ava went on the pony rides.


I felt kind of bad for the ponies and the horses...they whip the horses. It just looks so scary!


Ryan even got to feed some animals. I did too! It was such a weird feeling to have their lives/teeth rubbing against your hand!





Mason wasn't at the petting zoo, but he just wanted to say 'hi guys'! :-)

No comments: