June 24, 2013

The Macks are back!

A LOT of things have changed over here in the last three and a half years!  Please excuse the huge gap in blog posts, I started a couple other blogs in between and decided to come back to this one because I liked the name and hope to use this blog on a regular basis to keep a journal for our family that we can look back on and possibly print out into a book yearly and to update family & friends that aren't super close to us or that we don't see on a regular basis.

Let's see...  Ryan and I added another addition onto our fur baby part of our family, we got a golden retriever puppy in September 2010 and named her Dahlia, or Dolly for short


Dahlia as a little puppy...I miss those days!


As a preteen...ha!


We had a beautiful baby girl named Madelyn Ella in April 2012, who has forever changed our lives!  She is the best thing we have ever done (besides marry one another) and brings so much joy to our lives on a daily basis and it is so much fun to see her learn and grow!

One of my favorite weekly bump shots

Waiting in triage to be iv'd and prepped for surgery

My precious little baby girl right after they took her out of me!  She had awesome lungs and was breech, so her legs were bent as each leg was next to each ear of hers.  Crazy to see pics of her in the nursery right after delivery.  But she was perfect!




We bought our very first house together in November 2012 in Grayslake and are in the process still of making it completely ours.  It is a ranch house with a basement and, honestly, from the outside you would never guess how big it is on the inside.  We love it and got really lucky with how well the woman who lived here before us took care of it and updated it.  It is super close to downtown so there is tons to do and walk to!





I hope that you stick with me here and enjoy seeing how our day to day lives pan out!  Up next, a recap of our trip to the Jersey shore and Madelyn's first plane ride (she was such a trooper!).

Also, please bear with me here as get the layout right etc.  Is the font too much to read?  Should I go to a standard font?  Feedback please, people :-)


4 comments:

Nikki said...

Yay! My thoughts....easier font...love this font but a little hard to read. Can't wait to see more!

Mrs. B said...

Love!! I'm on my phone and it looks like normal font...but maybe you changed it already :-)

Carol said...

Nice blog...fun to read !!
i keep one too on greatlakestales.blogspot.com. Alot of family doings and childhood memories...I love to write hope to do more in retirement..I must admit having a dog to care for now really cuts into my writing and reading time..I love animals but will gladly give polly back to my daughter when they turn from study abroad in jan 2015. I also write Christian commentary on another blog of mine on xanga

Bella said...

Thanks girls! I changed the font to something not standard but hopefully better to read! I'm glad everyone likes it! I can't wait to get back in action and start documenting our lives so we can look back! Carol, I will have to check out your blog! Do you want to see if your daughter wants our dogs too?! haha, I joke!